Although I haven’t really GONE anywhere, I am indeed back (who knows how long THAT LASTS). I’ve been busy doing a lot of things, many of which have no impact on this site, so not deserving of any more attention.
A couple of things DO require added attention, so let’s get started.
1. ASK THE ADVISOR has listed us as one of the 25 most influential INVESTMENT blogs. This is really cool to me, since I don’t really talk about investing. Anyways, thanks “Ask The Advisor” for the nod. Now I just have to work on getting off the bottom of the list.
2. LAST YEAR, I took some time off to work on some other projects. As you’ve noticed, my ability to devote the time to F4Y that it deserves has been limited, and will be limited for a while. My goal and intent is to not have to shut down again like before. I will attempt to post as frequently as I can, but in those times where I can’t, I might be adding some contributors to F4Y to post in my absence. If you are reading this, and you think you would like to contribute, let me know wil/at/finance4youth/dot/com. A few things to consider:
-If you already have a PF blog, thanks for the interest, but I like reading your stuff, and I don’t want to take away from your time with your blog to contribute to mine.
-If you wish to contribute, your contributions MUST be inline with the principals of Finance For Youth. If you think I suck, that’s fine, but I’m not going to allow you to contribute on my blog about how much I suck. That’s what comments are for.
If you want to be a contributor to KEEPING AN EYE OUT FOR YOU, and have a knack for being able to find consumer-friendly articles to post for the readers of F4Y, also send me an email.
3. I got an email the other day from a reader, and I wanted to publish the letter and my response.
I read your blog, and I agree with some of what you say, but this new thing you are doing about qualities of success is too much. We all know that there are only 10 qualities for life, and you arent’ listing them. Stick to finances and let people who know the truth talk about how to live.
1. I am the Lord your God. Thou shalt have no other gods before me.
2. Thou shalt not make wrongful use of the name of thy God.
3. Remember the Sabbath and keep it holy.
4. Honor thy Father and Mother.
5. Thou shalt not murder.
6. Thou shalt not commit adultery.
7. Thou shalt not steal.
8. Thou shalt not bear false witness.
9. Thou shalt not covet thy neighbor’s house.
10. Thou shalt not covet thy neighbor’s wife.
Once you figure that out, the rest falls into place on its own.
Lindsay in CA.
Thanks for reading F4Y! I really hope that reading has allowed you to learn some things they don’t teach in school. I respect your view, and I agree that the Ten Commandments are very important. I think that you are ascribing a comparison that is unfair. I believe that the Commandments are there to point out the rules for Jews during the escape from Egypt. QUALITES OF SUCCESS isn’t about telling you how you have to live, but I do give you advice on how to better enjoy the life you live. I don’t make any judgement on your beliefs, (and, I share most of them, by the way), but F4Y is more like THE BEATITUDES, another biblical series, but one that talks about how to get the blessing of God in heaven.
Of course, I never pretend to believe that F4Y can compare or compete with the Bible. If you read #1 of this post, I BARELY compete or compare with 24 other bloggers who talk about investing.
Once again, keep reading, and thank you for the letter!
That’s all for now. Next week, more on Qualities of Success!