Okay, I’ve reflected. While I still don’t believe that my contest is bad or harmful in any way, I don’t want the image of impropriety. I’m going to go over the rules one more time, the prizes one more time, and then– that’s it. For the few No!Spec people out there, I’m sorry if I gave the impression that I was trying to devalue your work. I understand all too well that for some, work is like our children.
1. Nothing that you can’t show to teenagers. By that, I mean nothing you wouldn’t want me to show your child or grandmother.
2. Nothing that you don’t own. You have to be able to transfer the winning entry over to F4Y.
3. The entries should evoke thoughts of education, teens, finance, money, etc. You art people know what I mean.
4. If you win, your art becomes My cover. If not, your art becomes my deleted file. I won’t use it.
5. If you think your art is too good for this kind of contest, it probably is. Don’t enter.
5a. If you think you are too good for this contest or this site, you probably are. Please leave my site.
6. I’m not telling you what I want to see. The whole point is for you to show me what you think of finance, teens, youth, money, education.
1. Finance For Youth Gear
1a. There will be several items that aren’t yet available for purchase. You get these free.
2. Free copy of the book with your artwork on the cover.
3. Toothbrush, toothpaste, dental floss.
4. My thanks, eternal gratitude, and adoration.
5a. For every entry received, I will put cash into a pot. There is no limit to the amount of cash that can go in.
5b. Each entry must be substantially different. Submitting one entry with four different fonts? Guess what, it counts as one.
5c. When in doubt, I will ask a disinterested third party whether to count an entry as one or as more than one. Their decision is final.
The last day to submit entries is June 30th, 2007. Any entries received after that will be returned, and will not count. To enter, email me at email@example.com
with the subject line : F4Y contest entry request. Some variation of that will probably also work. I will send you a file on which submit your entry.
For those of you who feel that this is a slap in the face of a professional, and who compare art to medicine, I never meant to insult you or your work. I sincerely hope you will get past that feeling.
If I receive no entries by the closing date, the contest will close, and I will go through an alternative process.